10 Great hiking trails in Iceland
Now the summer has taken place, and many have been thinking about hiking, to explore each of the ten most enjoyable walks in Iceland. Note that the routes are not in any particular order.
1. Esjan – Always Standing For His. Those who get to the top can be called mountain bikers and hikers.
2. Marardalur – Located under Henglinum, enjoy walking back and forth from Hellisheiði Power Station
3. Reykjanes Reykjanes – From Reykjanes in the slopes of Reykjanes to Þingvellir. Gone in stages. On that route are mountains such as Keilir, Trölladyngja, Helgafell, Kóngsfell, Þríhnjúkar, Bláfjöll, Vífilfell and Hengill taken along along the way.
4. Fimmvörðuháls – Both from Skógar and Þórsmörk. Thorsmork itself is such a paradise for yourself, hiking trails from Básar and Langadalur.
5. Skaftafell – One does not go there for less than a week at a time. Always something new to look at, Svartifoss and Skaftafellsbærir, Bæjarstaðaskógur, and bathe in the hot waterfall in there. Kjósin, Morsárjökull, Skaftafellsjökull, Skaftafelsheiði, Kristínartindar and so long can be counted.
6. Skjaldbreiður – A wonderful trip where each hill receives from another until a wide and circular crater blows.
7. Columns above Akureyri – Steep walk up there, and the capital of the North Iceland lies at your feet and overlooks the archipelago to all eight.
8. Hvannadalshnúkur – The main knee, 2110 meters tall and one highest elevation in one mountain.
9. Strutur in Borgarfjördur – A viewpost over Borgarfjordur and Eiríksjökull blows there in all its glory as if it could jump over him
10. Laugavegur hiking trail – Once Esjan got his place, Laugarveginn gets it too. The hiking trail is between Landmannalauga and Þórsmörk. One of the most popular hiking trails in Iceland.